The huge amount of pressure on young girls to let their boyfriends get away with everything and not to stand up for themselves, lest they stop being a ‘chill girlfriend’ and instead become a horrible, controlling harpy is such bullshit.
Stop teaching young girls that demanding to be treated with respect and courtesy makes them shrill, over-emotional, or unworthy of listening to.
Dear straight men,
Most of you aren’t that hot anyway.
Love, The gays
(wonderful gifs via: http://sandandglass.tumblr.com/)
1. The Ancients Translating An Epic Poem Into Modern English
2. Couples Practicing Fighting In Order To Prepare For The Future
3. Statues Feeling Ignored But Pretending Not To Care
4. The Wicked Witch Of The West And Other Enemies I’ve Thwarted With Water Alone
5. Recently Used Emoji
6. People Loving Each Other A Lot So They Start To Look Alike
7. Tres Chic People Being Tres Chic
Nostalghia (1983), Andrei Tarkovsky
We knew the girls were really women in disguise, that they understood love, and even death, and that our job was merely to create the noise that seemed to fascinate them.